Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Cat's out of the Bag

So if you missed it, or aren't my friend on Facebook, I got engaged!!  My boyfriend of 1 year, 51 weeks and 2 days proposed last Wednesday!  This past Monday, July 4th, my fiance and I celebrated 2 years together of growth, laughter, happiness, even some tears and trials...  We plan to be married soon and have been planning all of this for some time now.  I say that to say this...my bad for not writing in a while...

I've been slightly incognito because we've been going through what he calls "pre-engagement counseling."  We met with 5 married couples whom we hold in high regard, took them out for a meal and sought out their advice on things that we might expect in our own marriage, taking note and being reminded that every marriage isn't and will not be the same.  The sessions were full of laughs and complete honesty...nothing was off topic and when talking to adults about adult things, that can get real interesting, real fast...

So the next series of blogs will be centered around these sessions and the local restaurants at which we were able to dine (one meeting was at a chain, so I won't blog about it).  I really wanted to write sooner, but wouldn't really be able to do that without spilling the pre-nuptial beans...

I hope that you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment