|Can't see the fish? That's how I like it...|
Thursday, December 11, 2014
So I had to fend for myself for dinner. Being a little under the weather, I didn't feel much like eating but sucked it up to see what my options were. I'd just recently bought some raspberry salsa from the outlet store in Leeds, AL and was itching to try it out on something. The fastest thawing meat in the fridge was fish, so I hit up recipe.com for some guidance. I found a recipe that looked good, but tweaked it a bit to fit what I actually had in the house:
Breaded Baked Tilapia with Raspberry Salsa
4-6 tilapia fillets
lemon pepper (to taste)
1/2 cup almond slivers
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons preferred oil (olive, canola, peanut, etc.)
3/4 cup mustard
3/4 cup natural honey
1 cup of Black Patch raspberry salsa for topping
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil (for easy cleaning) and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, almond slivers and oil together in a bowl.
3. Place tilapia on prepared baking sheet. Mix the mustard and honey together in a separate bowl and glaze both sides of each piece of tilapia.
4. Sprinkle the lemon pepper onto each side of the fillet.
Smother Cover each fillet with the bread crumb mixture.
6. Bake at 425 degree F for 15 minutes or until tilapia flakes easily with a fork.
7. Top each breaded fillet with raspberry salsa to taste.
8. Serve with your side dish of choice. I went with pasta noodles seasoned with Parmesan and garlic salt :)
There was so much flavor in this dish! And the crunchy almonds…good grub, I love almonds! You can totally substitute them with chopped walnuts or pecans, but you really can’t go wrong with either option! Unless you have nut allergies, then you might want to skip that part...
I have to admit...I didn't think it would be that good! I don't consider myself a chef...I just like to eat! But there was so much flavor! If you like a dish that has a perfect balance of sweet and tangy, the raspberry salsa and homemade honey mustard together is just awesome! I can't wait to try this salsa in another dish soon :)
Wednesday, December 3, 2014
I'm so excited! I've missed this blog so much, but life certainly has a way of making you prioritize things...
And what we've been doing in the mean time that caused me to have to put this on hold?
I didn't stop eating. Obviously...and detrimentally...but it's all good lol Maybe I'll just have to incorporate some workout plans into the blog...
I've got a lot of posts and news to share with you:
- We participated in Downtown Dining Week for the first time this year and we tried some new spots.
- I started a whole other business...ended up baking and being featured in several magazines! *high fives*
- I met some other culinary genuises and am super excited to partner with them and share their work. I'll be spotlighting and sharing their creativity.
- I became friends with a winery owner #winning
- The blog is being revamped in the next 4+ weeks, but I'll keep posting here until that happens :)
- There will be some secrets spilled about some neat things that can help enrich your life and experience in the kitchen...
- The hubby and I are adopting!!
The next big thing on my calendar is the Guilt Free Pastries tasting, which is going to be amazing! I've tasted the desserts that came out of this shop and Good Grub, I was just picking them off the table. Like hover mode.
If you're in the Memphis area, don't miss out on this one: Guilt Free Evening tickets...it's going down Friday, December 5th!
I'm going to get the posts up soon, but in the meantime, you can follow me on the Facebook page...I'm on Twitter and, if you are so inclined, have a Foodspotting account that I share delicious pics on all of the time!
Can't wait to see you soon!